8 Indicators That You Need A Roof Repair1. Cracks. If a few shingles are cracked from impact or sudden weather changes you will need a roof repair, but if many shingles are cracked because they have become aged and damaged by the climate over time, your whole roof is compromised and a new roof installation is required. If your shingles are cracked, moisture will get into the roof itself and your roofing company will have to check the extent of the damage.
2. Wind Damage. Some wind damage will be obvious, such as shingles that have fully blown off, but some will be harder to see. If shingles have blown up but have not fully detached, when the wind isn’t blowing strong you may not notice that anything is wrong. If they were damaged but not blown away, they will not have a proper seal and will cause leaking.
3. Curling. When shingles curl up at the side, it is often indicative of a larger problem such as leaking, misalignment, old age, poor insulation, or that the roof was not properly installed originally. If shingles are curling, get them checked.
4. Leaks. If you notice water coming through your roof, you need an immediate roof replacement or roof repair. Leaks can be caused by several structural and wear issues and can lead to structural damage or mold in your home.
5. Loss Of Granules. Granules are the coating on the shingles that gives them their texture and these granules are vital to the longevity of the shingles. The granules protect the shingles from UV exposure and increase fire resistance. Granules can be lost due to old age of the shingles or hail damage.
6. Exposed nails. When nails are exposed, they can easily rust and lead to leaks. If your roof is older, it will likely have multiple exposed nails, and depending on this quantity you may need an entire roof replacement.
7. Damaged Plumbing Vent Boot. These can be made of plastic, metal, or a combination of both and can become cracked and seams can separate over time. If your plumbing vent boot is damaged, you likely only need some roofing repair to fix it instead of requiring a full roof replacement. If any of the screws holding the boot in place are missing they can be replaced with rubber-washer screws.
8. Complex Roof Problems. If your roof has damage from an ice dam, has continual issues, or is quite old, call a roofing company to inspect it and potentially do a roof replacement.
Call Asonic Roofing In Calgary For All Your Roofing Needs If you have noticed any of the above issues with your roof, have a roofing company check to see if you need roofing repairs or a new roof installation. If you’re looking for a trusted roofing company, call Asonic Roofing at 403-462-2808 to connect with one of our roofing specialists. Asonic Roofing is a family-owned and operated, full-service roofing company in Calgary that offers top-quality roofing services. We are fully licensed, insured, covered by the WCB, and are dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable home for your family. Whether you need roofing repair or installation, Asonic Roofing can get the job done quickly so your roof will last for years to come.
FAQQ: Does Asonic roofing offer warranties on roof installations?
A: Yes we do. In fact, we’re so confident in our work that all roofing installations come with a 50 year non-prorated warranty, instead of the regular 10 year warranty offered by most roofing services.
Q: What roofing services does Asonic Roofing offer?
A: Our roofing services include:
A: At Asonic Roofing, we offer free quotes and assessments so that we can understand your requirements and give you an honest and fair price estimate.
Leave a Reply.